Thursday, April 15, 2010

See you in Heaven!

Today was such a bitter sweet morning! My Grandma Great, the most wonderful person passed away. My Grandma Great was not just an ordinary grandma, she was simply amazing! She turned 96 last week and lived an amazing life! I just wanted to write down some of the wonderful memories i have of her and wanted to let everyone know just how amazing she is!!!

1. She remembered our birthdays every single year! Without fail we got a birthday card from her with a check for 5 or 10 dollars. I looked forward to it every year! I just thought it was so wonderful that even in her old age she could remember all of our birthdays!
2. Her famous saying was, " O my land!" Anytime i hear someone say it i think of her!
3. Anytime i would call her on the phone she would ask me to sing to her. She said she loved my voice and that i was going places with it. Of course i was always to shy but there were a couple times when i did it and she would start crying! I loved that. It really meant a lot to her. I mean i love to sing and i just knew that it really touched her when i would.
4. Anytime we would go visit her she would say, " O you have just made my whole year i just love seeing all of you!" She is all about family! She loves her family more than life. She really did treasure the times we spent with her and we did the same. They were always special moments. Her face would just light up when she saw us.
5. She came all the way to Oakland last year for my wedding. I was so privileged to have her in the sealing room with me. She cried through the whole thing and her spirit was so strong in there. She gripped my hand and told me i made the right choice! From then on there was no doubt!
6. Her cute wigs! HAHAHA she would always comment about them to. It was pretty cute
7. Whenever we went to her house she would make sure there was candy or cookies or something for us to eat. Even though they usually were not very good we would still eat them because we knew how much it meant to her!
8. She always talked about how much she loved her Heavenly Father. She cherished the gospel and lived her life in accordance to it! She really did live the way her Heavenly Father wanted her to.
9. She had like 1 million lives! It is so weird to think she is gone because i never thought that would happen! I mean doctors would tell her all the time that she didnt have much longer and she would fool them by living years longer! So it is kind of hard to imagine her not here.
10. She could tell you when you were pregnant exactly what you were having. She told me when i was like 3 months that i was having a boy! She never once was wrong! She would predict our whole family!

I love her with all my heart and i am going to miss her like crazy but i am so happy that she is gone as well. She gets to go and be in pain no more! She gets to be with all her family and friends and be happy forever! She deserved to go. She lived such a wonderful and long life and her work is done here. She always told me that she was just waiting for me to get married before she passed. I just loved that. She also told me that my little boy is going to be so sweet and make me and my husband so happy. I cant even express all the amazing things she did here on earth and i cant even imagine the wonderful work that our father in heaven has in store for her. I love her and i will never forget the things she taught me and i hope when i am in my 90's i will be able to be just like her and that she will look down on me and be proud. I love my Heavenly Father for letting her be apart of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment