Tuesday, June 12, 2012
32 weeks and strict bed rest
I am finally 32 weeks! I feel much safer at 32 weeks. I know that if Bailee comes anytime soon she will be in the NICU but she will for the most part be healthy now that i have hit 32 weeks. I had my usual doctors appointment today and my bi-weekly non stress test. Come to find out, there is protein in my urine AGAIN!!! aaaahhhhh!! But my blood pressure is really good thanks to Proargenine( an amazing supplement that has saved my life haha). Anyway my doctor said that early on we were dealing with gestational hypertension but it has now more than likely turned into preeclampsia because of the protein in my urine, 3-5 pound weight gain weekly(water retention), the growing number of contractions, and the swelling. He said he is going to hold off on the 24 hour urine test because my blood pressure is so good, my protein levels cant be that high. So in about a week and a half(34 weeks) we are doing another ultrasound and a 24 hour urine test. He said the only thing that will buy me any time right now is being on bed rest. He said for most women, once you get preeclampsia it is only a matter of time before it turns a corner and they have to take the baby. He said one day you could be fine and the next day it hits that corner and your levels shoot up and you are having a baby! So i am hoping we can get me to at least 37 weeks, my doctor doesnt think i can go that long but i am determined!! I need a healthy baby Bailee coming out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment