First off, My grandpa daddy passed away 11 years ago. A very sad day that i will never forget. I miss him so much and wish every single day that he was here with me and playing with my kids and loving and being with my Grandma. I have made peace with the fact that he is gone and i know he is in a better place. Every once in a while in my prayers i ask Heavenly Father to please tell my grandpa daddy that i love him so much and to watch over me and my family. I know he does and i know that he was with my kids before they came down here and that gives me so much comfort. He knows them and loves them and watches over them. I love him so much.
My grandpa daddy and grandmama are not members of the LDS church and, in fact, were very against it. But a couple days before my grandpa died he called me. He asked me if i knew my church was true and if i loved it. I told him i loved it more than anything and i knew it was the truth. He then proceeded to tell me, " Winter, i hope you stay with it for the rest of you life then." When i told my mom she started crying because that is something we never thought would come out of his mouth. I have remembered that since then and have often pondered whether or not he would choose to accept the gospel in heaven.
A couple months ago, i was feeling very scared and uneasy being home by myself at night. I was letting satan overtake my happy home and make it one that i was scared to be in. There were a few things that happened that made me scared. I decided to go to the temple and get some relief. I a was sitting through a session my grandpa daddy and grandma great(moms family and dads family) kept coming to my mind. Once i got into the a different room i started praying so hard for peace. I poured my soul out and all my fears. I asked if i could have a hug from my grandpa daddy and grandma great. I sat there for a second and then immediately felt their arms around me and the spirit resting on me. I started crying. I felt so loved and taken care of. My fears went away and i knew everything was going to be ok. They were with me. Not only did i feel relief and grattitude for my family and my savior, but i was also told, with the still small voice that grandpa daddy was ready to have his work done. That was probably the best news i had heard in my whole life. He was ready, sitting there waiting for his work to be done in the temple so he could become a member of the church and enjoy the eternal blessings of this gospel. I sat there for a very long time pondering how i was going to be able to do this. And all i kept hearing was that the work needed to be done.
I left the temple and called my mom immediately. I cried to her letting her know that her dad was ready to receive the gospel. We both stopped and wondered how this was going to be done. My grandmama(his wife) is still alive and we need her written permission to do his work. We both knew she would never approve of this. For the next couple months, leading up till now, every time i go to the temple he comes to me again telling me he is sitting there, waiting for his work to be done. I know there just has to be a way. They would not be telling em this with a sense of urgency if there wasnt something that could be done. So i am working on it right now and i hope i will be able to find a way.
As for my grandmama........ This is really hard to type...... but she just got diagnosed with Lou Gehrigs disease. They have given her 1-3 years to live. This is really hard for my whole family. We love her so much and she is such a huge part of my family. That is pretty much the worst diagnosis someone can get. There is no cure and no getting better. She has been so healthy her whole life, for this to be the way she goes out is just not fair. But i know there is a reason. I just have to trust in my Heavenly Father and know that he has everything under control. She is such a fun, young, hip, sassy grandma. She has the cutest laugh and funniest humor. She is strong and determined and loves her family. She told me that she will not let herself have any negeative thoughts about what is going on. That she wants to remain positive about everything. She has such a great attitude. I know that she will keep herself here for as long as possible and enjoy the family as much as possible. NO matter how much we are all hurting, we will all help her by staying positive and upbeat.
I just went to the temple again and last week and was told once again that my grandpa daddy needed his work done, but this time it was that he needs it done before my grandmama passes away. He needs to be prepared for her to come. There has got to be a way for his work to be done i just know it.
To finish off this post, i had a very neat experience today. My mom has obviously been having a hard time with the news of my grandma. I odnt ever know what to say to her because there is nothing that will make things better or make her feel better. There is no advice. So i have been avoiding talking to her about it. Until today. All of church today was based on doing family history. Of course it was, another way of telling me that grandpa daddys work needs to be done. But during sacrament my bishop got up and spoke for a minute. He told a story about his wife. I cant remember everything he said or exactly how it was told. He said that most of the ward knows the story but there is someone out there that doesnt That person was me, i needed this story. He said that one morning at 3am his wife woke him up telling him that she just had a meaningful conversation with her dad(he had passed away). Her dad asked her if it would be ok if he could have his wife with him up there. She said no, that she needed her mom here with her. He then said, but i am lonely i need her here with me. They went back and forth and he just kept saying he needed his wife with him. They needed to do work up there together. Her mom died a year from then. This story gave me so much insight. I know that story was directed for me, maybe others as well, but i know i was supposed to hear this. Grandmama has been so healthy, but grandpa daddy needs her and wants her with him. He is lonely, he needs his other half. Of course my selfish side says well we need her here to, but he needs her more. The rest of my family needs her up there watching over and protecting us. I was finally able to call my mom with encouragement. We could talk about it and i could let her know that he needs her, she needs him, they need to do work together up there. They need to move forward together.
Its going to be so hard, and there will be so many tears. But i know that this gospel is true. I know that my grandpa daddy is there waiting for her and i know he is ready and anxiously waiting to be a member of this gospel. I know that Heavenly Father is is helping her and all of us through this. I know that the morals and standards of this gospel are set for a reason and that if we follow them we will be a happier people. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me unconditionally and that he wants me to succeed and be happy. I know that my kids are mine for a reason and that he trusts me to teach them right. I know that Heavenly Father trusts all of us to care for and love each of his children. I love the gospel and am so thankful that i have it in my life. I live by it and stick to it with the best of my abilities. I love my family and i love my life
No comments:
Post a Comment