Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The day has finally come!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow i will officially be a mommy! I cant even believe it. When i was heading to the doctor this morning i was ready for a battle. I have been suffering from an enormous and horrible rash all over my body i have not slept in 3 days because it is so itchy and it burns. It is not contagious or anything its actually called PUPPPS. It is basically and allergic reaction to your skin stretching. There is no cream or pill that can help with the itching and the only cure is to deliver the baby! So i have been living with this for 2 weeks and my doctor said he would not induce me just because of that. So on my way to the doctor this morning i was ready to put up a fight. 37 weeks is a full term baby! And yes there are risks just as with any girl going into labor. But i physically could not deal with this rash any longer. It is spreading rapidly and the bumps are getting bigger, Also i can not go another couple weeks without sleep. That just cant happen. I cry all the time because i am so emotional and running off no sleep. So anyway on with the story. Last doctor appointment my doctor was pretty insistant on not inducing me at all. So last night at around 3 or 4 in the morning i was praying so hard that there would be good news from the doctor. Well so i went in and i ended up having really high blood pressure 140/98. Which through most of this pregnancy it has been 120/60 or lower. So that was really high for me. Also i was diagnosed with Preclampsia. So my doctor said, medically he is allowed to induce me at anytime now. He said he really wishes i could make it one more week and i sat there for a minute and almost started crying because i knew physically that i could not make it a whole other week! So he told me of all the cons of inducing my baby at 37 weeks, but then said honestly Winter it is a risk but with your first baby it will even be a risk at 41 weeks. So i told him to put me on the list for tomorrow to be induced but that Chance and i wanted to go home and pray and talk about it and then we will call and let him know what we decided.

So Chance and i left and talked about it and we were so relieved and there was like a weight lifted when we talked about having our baby tomorrow. AS i got to thinking about it and pondering whether we made the right choice or not i go to thinking about last night and how i asked Heavenly Father for things to go well at the doctor, and how when i got there all these things were wrong like blood pressure and preclampsia. I think that was his way of telling me that it is ok and that we were making the right choice. So we feel really good and excited about it! Plus Chance and i have been feeling that at 37 weeks, if little Blake is going to have problems i dont think that would change even at 40 weeks. So anyway that is what happened today and how we came to the decision of being induced!

Now i want to talk about how excited i am to be a mommy tomorrow! I cant believe it is actually happening! I am a girl who has dreamt about this moment my whole life! I get to have my very own baby that i get bond with and raise and love unconditionally. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me to be Blakes mom. I could not ask for a better gift. I know he is just going to be a special boy. He gets to be the big brother to the rest of our kids. I know that if we raise him the way we should he will be a good example to them and will get to be someone they look up to. I am so excited to start my family with Chance. He is going to be the greatest dad and i think there is going to be a lot of moments where we are going to be fighting to hold him. I just hope that Blake can grow up to be like his daddy. I will try my hardest to instill in him the chivalry and respect that his dad has for girls. I want him to be goofy like Chance and have the passion that Chance has for life. I also would love for him to look just like his daddy! A little Chance is exactly what my little family needs!

I am so excited and nervous for tomorrow but i know the Lord will be there to help me through. Also my mom is flying in tonight so she will be with me through this whole thing. I am so thankful for that! I didnt want to go through this without her help! I am very sad that the rest of my family cant be here and meet the little buddy when he comes into this world. But i will just have to settle for a month later! Everyone with me luck and keep us in your prayers! I will post pictures after he is born! We are taking the computer to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment