Monday, April 8, 2013

My future little Preisthood holder :)

First off i want to give a little update about how Blake is doing. there was about a 2 month period where Blake was an absolute terror. I remember thinking that if this is how it was going to be for the next year or longer i dont think i would be able to deal with it. In stores and different places he was fine no melt downs or anything but at home or play dates it was a true mess. He was stealing toys from everyone, screaming and crying, hitting, pinching, not listening EVER, and not being nice to Bailee. I cried, a few times. It was the absolute worst at my sisters house. I cried so hard and just wanted him to go away. I remember feeling so bad that i felt such mean things about him, but i couldnt help myself. He was TERRIBLE. Of course every once in a while Heavenly Father would give me a tender mercy and remind me what a sweet boy i have so that helped a lot. Also, we became such good friends with a family in the ward. We hang out every day sometimes even a couple times a day. They have a little girl named Elsie who is around the same age as Blake. For the first couple weeks i am really surprised we were still hanging out because Blake was so terrible!!! Partly not his fault because he had no idea how to play with a girl. He never had, so things were a little rough.
Thankfully, the past few weeks have been so amazing. I have been reminded of how much i love my little boy and how sweet he is. He truly has a tender heart. He finally has snapped out of it. Of course every once in awhile he is naughty but for the most part he is back to his cute self. He barely ever goes to time out. It is like a dream. I can take him to the park all by myself and there are not any problems. He plays so nice with Elsie for the most part. He really cares for her. He asks people if they can share and doesnt freak out if someone steals something from him. I am so thankful he is out of that craziness. I am sure he will go through it again but this time i think i will be more prepared.

There is a story i want to record on my blog that i want to remember forever.
The other day Elsie was over playing with Blake. They were in the playroom and i hear Elsie start to cry. I peek my head in to see what is going on. Blake says, " Elsie i am sorry, are you ok?" Then he bends down, puts his hands on her head and gives her  a blessing, He mummbles some words then say, "Amen! Now you are all better Elsie!" Oh my gosh my heart melted and i wanted to tear up. He has such a  strong testimony for being so little. He always tells me that Heavenly Father keeps him safe and that when he is scared or hurting he can pray and Heavenly Father will make him better. He talks about how Heavenly Father has a body just like us, knows the Nephi Builds a ship story enough to where he can tell it to me. I love seeing the light of Christ in my own son. There is nothing better

1 comment: